Saturday, February 15, 2014

Is it springtime yet?

Adventures in knitting, with dolls, art and probably a cat or two. Snails might be included...

In other news, I finished the Smell as Sweet shawl from Kitman Figueroa.
Link to Ravelry.

Finished as in knitted, blocked ends woven in, and finally the picture taken and entered into Ravely. Otherwise it doesn't count right?





The only thing I changed were the nupps. I really didn't feel like doing them. Instead I tried bobbles. They are an easy and small 3 stitch bobble with in the middle a bead. The bobbles were suppose to be a rose, at least in my imagination they are roses.

Raveled here.

Not much knitting going on here after that mayor shawl came of the needles. I am planning. Sure... I've bought Wollmeise dk to make a Blank Canvas by Ysholda Tegue. Partly paid for by The Boyfriend. He wanted art. I wanted Wollmeise. Seemed like a fair exchange. I made a Plague Skaven Rat  Ogre (Apparently, I'm not that well versed in Warhammer) in Aquarel, which I regrettably failed to scan in. Maybe now that I've pledged to create art and knitting for fair wages, my art mojo might come back. One can keep hoping....

I guess that will be my first Blog post. I've thought about doing this for a long time. I guess I should introduce myself, but I am not sure if I get a lot of readers. So here is a short introduction to myself.

Female> 35 > Dutch > Artist > Knitter > Doll enthousiast > Cat lover > Capricorn/Horse > Handicapped.

Of course I'm much much more then that. But does anyone need to know such things in the beginning of a blog friendship? Surely not.

With this blog I hope to get have place where I can post my art and knitting things.

With friendly greetings
 A wollmeise hugging Sandra






2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra!

    I had often wondered if you blogged! I added you to my feedly-following list. It won't show up on your 'followers'-widget, but I thought I'd let you know ;)

    Your shawl is beautiful! It takes a lot patience to finish a lace-project that big, but it looks really great. I think you've done a splendid deal with your boyfriend. I have no clue what a Plague Skaven Rat Ogre is either, but if it's worth a sweater-amount of yarn, I'd say 'Go for it!'.

    Xx Nisse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nisse, I'm not sure if I have a followers widget, because I'm just learning all this. Still thank you for adding me, because I never thought I might have followers at all, with all those wonderful knitting blogs out there (Like yours...) and me not being very talented in the photography department.

    Lace does not take that much patience, like all knitting you just need to get into the groove and be able to read patterns. Although there are no rest rows in this particular pattern and a lot of new stitches I hadn't tried before. Life lines are a wonderful tool as well. Thank you for liking my shawl.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete